TERM OF REFERENCE - FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
We are looking for a results-driven and confident financial controller to manage and improve our organization's financial performance and direct our accounting operations.
Financial Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the property's overall accounting and financial management.
- Responsible to represent the finance department during daily morning meetings.
- Responsible for the local tax authority compliance for the hotel.
- Responsible to support and liaise with General Manager, Managing Director, and Owners in meeting the strategic goals of the organization.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing annual budgets, monthly P&Ls, and balance ledgers.
- Responsible for verifying all financial reports and ensuring that all transactions are accurate and in compliance with local government regulations.
- Able to prepare and submit management reports on time and also ensure delivery deadlines.
- Able to effectively implement all accounting policies and procedures.
- Able to ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard hotel assets.
- Able to proactively assist with cost control requirements and revenue enhancement possibilities
- Able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish the work.
- Work closely with all departments to assist with financial aspects and the hotel when needed.
- Monitors all local tax compliance that applies, ensures that taxes are charged correctly and collected, and files the local tax with the concerned authority on a monthly/regular basis.
- Oversees internal, external, and regulatory audit processes.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
Financial Controller Qualifications and Skills:
- Should have a high command of Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of accounting systems like ADP, Sun, SAP, Sage, Quickbooks, etc.
- Knowledge of Hotel Software or Property Management Systems like OPERA, Protel Etc.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Must be personable and well-able to deal with guests and staff.
- Must possess excellent financial knowledge, and analytical skills and be very well organized.
- Willing to contribute effort to all aspects of hotel/restaurant operation when needed, even if not financially department oriented
- Willingness to work as an overall team member to help ensure continued growth and success of this top. hotel and restaurant
Financial Controller Requirements:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Qualified Charted Accountant (CA) or Similar or 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or a similar major.
- At least 5 to 10 years of financial and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations in an up-scale (4/5 Star) hospitality environment.