AAA Hotels & Resorts has been working as a top hotelier in the Maldives for over two decades since its establishment in 1983. AAA Hotels has three resorts under its umbrella. Filitheyo Island Resort, Medhufushi Island Resort, and Hondaafushi Island Resort. Corporate Head office in Male is currently looking for top-caliber candidates for Sales Manager
SALES MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB DESCRIPTION: Sales Manager
Manages sales of the company’s products and services. Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment, and management of sales personnel. Identifies objectives, strategies, and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
- Collaborates with Sales Director in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the company.
- Manages an assigned sales area or product line to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
- Establishes and manages effective programs to compensate, coach, appraise, and train sales personnel.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
- Knowledge of the travel industry, current market trends, and economic factors.
- Collaborate with the Sales Director to develop sales strategies to improve market share and ensure revenue growth.
- Develop rates, negotiate sales prices, and discounts with key business partners.
- Develop travel agent appreciation rates and flexible strategies to increase sales in off-season.
- Ensure timely response clients, co-workers, and supervisors and maintain a professional and friendly attitude.
- Ensure the OTA channel strategy is implemented and managed.
- Develop and maintain long term relationship with OTA partners.
- Forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly revenue streams.
- Sales and revenue reports to be prepared in a timely manner
- Provide results of assessments of sales staff’s productivity on a timely basis.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities to increase sales.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers, and the market.
- Maintain and promote a teamwork environment with effective and clear communication among co-workers.
- Educate the sales team in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of emerging products and multi-product sales, profitability improvement, improved sales support, management of expenses, and business/financial issues on contracts.
- Collaborates with financial managers to establish and control budgets for the department and promotional expenses.
- Attend overseas (and local) travel fairs, seminars, and networking events.
- Travel to the properties on regular basis to review the product and recommend improvements.
Reports directly to Sales Director
- A university degree in marketing or business studies is preferred, or a minimum of three years of related experience or training or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information and experience in developing marketing and sales strategies
- Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Travel flexibility
- Manage to handle a stressful situation
Interested applicants may submit their updated CV’s and other supporting documents to
Note: Only successful candidates will be notified.